Describe a new feature or changes to a current feature that would improve your trading.

Templates save the time frame as well

I suggesting adding the feature of when ever the template is being save, it also save that particular time frame as well.

The current issue with cTrader, is that no matter what ever the time frame is being save, each time a new chart open, the template only open the 1hr chart.

eg;
saved daily chart -> template open 1hr chart
saved 5 min chart -> template open 1 hr chart
saved weekly chart -> template open 1 hr chart

So please add the option within the templates for the user to be able save which ever the time frame they prefer, then when each chart is being open, it open the preferred time frame of the user

eg;
saved daily chart -> template open daily chart
saved 5 min chart -> template open 5 min chart
saved weekly chart -> template open weekly chart

59 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Henry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminSpotware (Admin, Spotware Systems) responded  · 

Templates are applied on the selected timeframe of the chart. By adding the timeframe in templates we will remove the ability of the user to apply the template on the chart of his preference.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please do it or allow to set custom or favorites TF, because I use D1 and H4 only and I need to scroll every time... even this prehistoric Mt4 have it..

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thank you for your recommendation, i'll put it into use.

However, if i right click to open a new chart, it still open the 1-hour chart instead of the preferred time-frame.
        i would appreciate if the cTrader team could also implement the option of saving the chart template include the saving of the time-frame as well, so each time the traders right click to open a new chart, it also open the preferred saved time-frame of the traders as well.

I understand that there are 2x template traders can save, the workplace template and the chart template. Please implement the option of saving the time-frame within the chart template (where we save indicators, chart type, ect.), so when we right click to open a new chart, it also open in the preferred time-frame of the traders.

• Anonymous commented  · 

With me it does apply the template over the current timeframe. I suggest you save the chart(s) as a workspace with template you made for a specific timeframe. You can then open the workspace with all charts, timeframes and templates being opened at the time you saved the workspace.

Feedback and Knowledge Base