Describe a new feature or changes to a current feature that would improve your trading.

Custom time frames in cTrader and cAlgo

Add possibility to create a custom timeframes in cTrader and cAlgo.
For example 8 min., 34 min. 610 min., 7 hours etc.

138 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Karol shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Louis Snyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least add the 8 hour time frame to the Mobile and Web versions as in Windows version. This is an unmissable time frame as it corresponds nicely with the 3 main daily sessions, namely Tokyo, London and New York. No swing trader should trade without the 8 hour time frame.

• Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trading is about preference. Although trading platforms comes with a multitude of indicators, most traders would like to have the ability to use custom indicators or customize the indicators to suit their needs. As a multi- time frame trader I use different time frames as my indicators. The success of my trades depends on my ability to choose the correct time-frame. I base my trend, consolidation and entry on different time frames and these time-frame may change according to market volatility or currency pair. Mt4 has an indicator called a period converter built in so traders can achieve this goal maybe you can consider such an indicator.

• A.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.. will be very good custom or more TF ... nice work SpotWare ... :)

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People/Traders: My thoughts are, the whole point of time frames, is to summarise information.

For example, if you have a 1 day chart, how much good can you get out of using a 2 day chart, as opposed to say a 5 day/1 week chart to summarise or get a big picture view? SCRAP the 2 days! H1 is useful, H2 not so much. H4 is useful for the H1. H8 not so much for the H4. H16 useful for the H4.

I can see how seconds and different ticks could help though (no idea why they chose ticks 13, 21, 34)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the vote for having these seconds also: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 30... added as soon as possible. I prefer using seconds to ticks.

• Dusty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any more news on when this will be enabled as the last comment by Admin was back in January 20, 2014 09:20 well over a year ago, would love to see 3hr,6hr + 8hr.

• Karol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding new timeframes like: H16, H32, H64, H128, H256

I need tick-based timeframes: t10, t20, t50, t100, t200, t500, t1000, t2000, t5000, t10000

• niro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that, Ctrader has added many more timeframes now, but still cannot add a custom timeframe as mentioned i.e. 8min, 34min, 610min 7hrs, etc.

The need has always been there! Please make the ability to use custom timeframes. I have no doubt there would be a huge influx of traders switching to cTrader if and when this happens

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base