Describe a new feature or changes to a current feature that would improve your trading.

zoom chart with mouse

Ability to zoom the chart with mouse scroll and free hand movement of chart vertically.

160 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else, I keep switching over to tradingview just to use the zoom vertically rather than left to right !!

Agreed. Personally I prefer scrolling causing zoom than going left to right.

Like others here, Tradingview's aproach is the easiest in my opinion.

• ZJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From all the users that have voted on this feature you have to wonder if cTrader does trade using their software?

The majority of software tools use the center wheel to scroll and when choosing the zoom feature you can select your specific area you want to enlarge. Not preset zoom points where you have to scroll left and right to get to the area you desire on a chart.

It's not rocket science it's just using any other piece of software and seeing how this is standard practice.

• voO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Please follow TradingView in their approach. It increases the UX significantly.

I will suggest to put a possibility to choose in settings.
    If scroll will zoom the chart or will move towards time like now.
    Some people prefer to have the possibility to choose.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is kind of essentials chart feature nowadays and it makes working with candle stick analysis much easier.

I cannot agree more. The platform is really simple to use but I agree... you'd get more customers if you had a more fluid zoom feature.

More vertical zoom please. Now it just stops, I want to be able to zoom unlimited, and zoom candles of screen and freely move chart around. The it is now feels uncomfortable.

Damn i agree with this how come it miss out in the chart mode.......most of all the chart software will have this and its so important.....same with that phone apps........Ctrader everything fine....the only fail point is this.

the way tradingview allows you to easily resize charts with the scroll of the mouse is one of the top 10 features any trading sotfware should have, i cannot believe that this was left out of your design phase, please implement and you will get more customers using your software.

• edgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to zoom the chart with mouse scroll and free hand movement of chart vertically.//// DO IT NOW!!! WHERE IS GOOD SCROLING, GOOD SCALE, GOOD VERTICAL FREE MOVEMENT, LIKE IN MT4!!!

• edgar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to zoom the chart with mouse scroll and free hand movement of chart vertically.//// DO IT NOW!!! WHERE IS GOOD SCROLING, GOOD SCALE, GOOD VERTICAL FREE MOVEMENT, LIKE IN A MT4!!!

This is the only thing I don't like about ctrader, so much so that I use tradingview.com for my analysis then switch over to ctrader to enter and manage trades. The inability to scroll in/out and move charts around by holding down the mouse, custom bar sizes etc. It's annoying so as a result i only use ctrader to enter trades.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base