Describe a new feature or changes to a current feature that would improve your trading.

Export Genetic Optimization results to CSV

It would be handy to be able to export Optimizations to CSV for charting and the like.

Something like:
Datetime, Symbol, Timeframe
Starttime, Endtime
Ranges Table ( paraname, min, max, step)
Possible Combinations, Tested Combinations
Iteration, ... result columns ..., ... Settings Columns ...

95 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WhiteSage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also write the results and progress to a file and in case of a system-glitch pick up where you left off.
    We have optimizations running for more than a week as a basis for behavioral analisys.
    And its always a bummer when the system goes sour!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have it for fyrther analisys!
    Must not be that difficult although it already takes almost 5 year.
    Just dump params and results is a csv. How hard can it be CDN!

• Frits Maas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add feature to export results. It is very annoying not to be able to compare a set of results with other sets. Results should also include all settings. Thanks in advance.

• Frits Maas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add feature to export results. It is very annoying not to be able a set of results with other sets. Results should also include all settings. Thanks in advance.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the optimization module is very useful and functional, without being able to examine the various parameter values and their results, it makes the optimization module to be like a demo where the most useful information cannot be provided, unless you buy the software...
    Please consult your optimization experts for the importance of this request. Examining the inputs vs results for different combinations of values is the essence of the professional optimization process. Please perform this very easy implementation as soon as possible. Until then the optimization module is just for having fun, not for serious use - it is a pitty to undermine your excellent work on the module not letting the users to make sense of their optimization results.

Regards,

Jan

• Steven Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run a mega server for optimisation, it cost $$ per hour. At the end of optimisation I need to analyse the results. At the moment I have to do it live while the server runs, this is costing me $$ while I should be able to export and analyse locally.

• Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be easy to implement this feature. Being able to export/import the data for further or future analysis would be a huge improvement.

• MrProX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add it, Spotware-Team.
    So easy coding and IT IS NECESSARY!
    For a good Product, this must be added.
    Thanks to the dev.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having great amount of doubts, does Devs read this threads at all.
    Or our voices don't count as at corrupted elections?

I'll be glad to hear a Devs comment about it.
    Because the ideas stack for years here and nothing seems to be done...

For example this idea is really simple to be done, in general its half effected already
    And it stuck from 2014 still

• Robert C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please 1000 times this!

I'm literally spending 1-2 hours after each set of optimizations taking this data and manually putting it into excel.

• David Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to export to excel both fixed and variable parameters (including profit results) from the Optimization output table.
    Can this be done please?

Feedback and Knowledge Base