Describe a new feature or changes to a current feature that would improve your trading.

Automatic TP & SL on Advanced Trade Management

When you set up pending orders you can preset a TP and Stop but if you want to have partial TP at preset pip levels and move stop to b/e at a predetermined profit level you have to wait until the trade is triggered before these can be set. It would be really useful if this could be preset so it all happened automatically when the trade is triggered.

206 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bobby bate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you just hurry up with this please, because I'm getting tired of waiting and hoping for this.

I don't know what to do without this feature as a scalper, it will make it so I can place a trade with a tight break-even point and leave the computer on a cloud server BEFORE the trade even triggers.

This will ease my mind and protect me from being on the computer 24/7 waiting for the trade to trigger just so I can place a break-even stop on the advanced trade management.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much longer will this take? It's getting ridiculous now. I'm starting to think the developers could give a rats bollocks what we think. I don't want to be rude, honestly. I just want to be a grateful client like most people, but this feature is so fundamental and is needed for scalpers. Why should we have to wait for the trade to trigger to apply extra protection? It's ridiculous, please hurry up and get this over and done with. Thank you and bless.

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is taking so long? This is absolutely crucial for risky traders. Don't you want more commission @spotware? This will give you more commission because there will be more risky traders will to put tight stops hoping for a huge breakout, and will encourage scalpers too. This only benefits you, and your clients, so then why are you delaying it for 3 years, almost 4?

Your employee's really need to be shaken up, it seems that since this place has grown, and the spot-ware team have been getting paid well, that they stopped caring about their customers. This is the most highly requested request.

Is it difficult to apply this into CTrader? This is possibly the most basic feature to add, heck, hire me for a day and I'll do it for you since your employee's seem to be sleeping. Simple remove the "in trade" requirement and there, you have it. Complete. HURRY THE HELL UP.

• zahed miah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be patiently waiting for this, as will thousands of others.

This feature should have been implemented since inception and is crucial.

Maybe the developers are looking deeply into and understand how important this feature is for traders, especially scalpers. There are also many who have to leave their computers on all night, just to make sure their stop loss hits break-even after specified amount of pip movement and this creates unnecessary struggle for clients. This advanced protection should be server-based, just like how stop-loss and take-profits are.

The CTrader developers really need to be shaken up.

• None commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Yes, definitelly!!! Without this platform isnt very reliable for scalping, while theres nothing what would create additional limit orders for a triggered limit order...

I d suggest to create limit orders based on percentage from a size of triggered limit order...
        - multiple limit orders (stop loss, take profit) - trailing (fixed - breakeven), dynamic...
        - OCO, MIT - stop loss, buy bid, sell ask - limit orders

theres many, so it would be good to add all and people will decide what do use...

• zahed miah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its sad to see that it has been almost 4 years since this suggestion, are the admins slerping or..?

Jeez, i might just switch tbh. If this was to be implemented, expect another 2 years minimum.

• dwx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the advanced Take profit be handled in the cloud too.
        This part needs the PC on to take effect i notice.
        Also, if Advanced TP is running, then the mobile platform needs to show the same thing

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this feature soon. Advanced TP for pending order is a must and it needs to be on server side so that the computer doesnt need to be on.

Does the development team of ctrader really read this? I don't think so... They only develop things for ctrader we don't actually need and that takes them years. They don't take us traders seriuosly..
        Come on step up the pase and get to work

• Henk Keuris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Also, not just multiple TP, but also the advanced stops. Also, while you're at it, allow multiple advanced stops please. I'd like to set my advanced protection on an order that is still unopened, and also set up multiple places for advanced protection. Do it the same as advanced take profit and allow us to enter 5 sets, please.

On pending orders : up to 3 TP with a stop loss moving to break even at determined price. Come on guys please develop that thing! Do this and you'll be the n°1 platform!

• Toney Blayze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic TP & SL on Advanced Trade Management is what I have used quite a time since I started using the platform. This feature is great but it makes less sense to open an active trade before this feature can be used.. Please enable this feature on all types of pending orders.
        Thanks, keep it up...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base